About Us

The Nursing Department of Father Muller Hospital was staffed by a band of dedicated women of the locality for the first few years of the existence of the Father Muller Charitable Institutions . Thereafter, the Sisters of Charity associated themselves with the good work of Father Muller from 1898 onwards and have been rendering dedicated service since then. With the addition of improved medical and surgical services, professionally trained nursing personnel were a felt need of the hospital, as a response to which a School of Nursing was founded in 1959.

In 1987 the College of Nursing came into existence with the Four Year B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course to keep pace with the rapid advancement in Medical and Nursing Sciences. The Post Certificate B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course of two years duration for upgrading those with Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery was started in 1988.

As a response to the pressing need of the profession for teachers and Nurse leaders as it was keenly felt all over the country, a Post Graduate Degree Programme in Nursing ; M.Sc. Nursing was started in 1992.

All the Nursing courses together with the medical and paramedical courses offered by Father Muller Charitable Institutions contribute not only towards the diverse health needs of the local people, but also caters to Quality Patient Care as well as towards preparing Quality Health Care Personnel for the entire country and abroad.

To know about Silver Jubilee, please click here.